Quotes and proverbs offer a different and sometimes more insightful perspective with regards to various life experiences. Whether it is something said by a celebrity or a vagabond in passing, words simply stated, impact life. Below are 10 quotes/proverbs that when remembered or reflected on, may give strength to or encouragement when life happens. In the blogroll, there are a 2 websites that have many other quotes by category and celebrity. If you have any quotes/proverbs that have helped you, please share in the comments box below.
1) “If the only prayer you say in life is “Thank you”, that would suffice. – Meister Eckhart
This quote conveys a very simple yet profound lesson. To be grateful and to say two words to communicate that speaks volumes.
2) “What was hard to bear is sweet to remember.” – Portugese Proverb
Some life experiences are extremely burdendsome yet we find ways to get through it and over it. The memories of those experiences, in hindsight, become pleasant if
only because that experience has passed and you are still standing.
3) “Sometimes you have to create what you want to be a part of.” – Geri Weitzman
We all are born with a drive, potential and gifts. Many pioneers of change had to create an opportunity where that change was made possible, hence the power
behind this quote.
4) “History is the story of events, with praise or blame.” – Cotton Mather
Facts of the past are laced with perspective. The perspective of the one telling the story is often good or bad: praising or blaming.
5) “There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.” – French Proverb
Anything other than a clear conscience affects the ability to rest.
6) “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppresor.” – Bishop Desmond Tutu
Regarding justice, inaction is a decision.
7) “The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without conscious
Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Seems as if the main point of this quote is to include acknowledgement of God and the gifts that He has bestowed, in all one does.
8) “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou
An example of the pain that silence can cause, is illustrated in this quote.
9) “Sometimes it’s worse to win a fight than to lose.” – Billie Holiday
A fight is sometimes not worth the results, winner or loser.
10) “I resent people who say writers write from experience. Writers don’t write from experience, though many are hesitant to
admit that they don’t. I want to be clear about this. If you wrote from experience, you’d get maybe one book, maybe three poems. Writers write from empathy.”
Please feel free to add your own in the Comment Box below. The more quotes, the more inspirational we can be to each other.